If you live in North America, you have probably sold a house once and bought a new one since you've settled down. I know mortgages are terrifying to have but most people in this country acquire their first property by getting a mortgage which is like a life-imprisonment for the most of us since we have to pay it at least in 3,5,7,10,15,30 or 40 years. If you get the 40 years it's like being in debt for the rest of your working days. Now if you're selling a house and you don't wanna pay a website or a realtor here's a few ways how to:
1. Post your listing in a website like Craigslist. You have to post it under your local city so people know where to look and can find your advertisement.
2. Post your ad in a local Page on Facebook. This is a very good way in putting out your property for sale for everyone in the neighborhood to see.
3. Make use of the bulletin board in the Post Office. Anybody who get and send out their mails through the post office box will be able to see your post. All you have to do is get the ad stamped.
4. Visit your local restaurant. Here in Alaska, some restaurants(at least the one nearby where i currently work for) has a board for local advertisement. Talk to the management about hanging your stuff.
5. Try some of the convenient store along the highway in at least 80 miles close to the property you're selling. Words travel fast.
6. The city hall can also serve as your advertisement place so while you're in town for business or shopping don't forget to hang that paper.
7. Through flyers that you can display along the highway where your property is in close proximity.
8. Tell everyone you know about the property. As i mentioned earlier word of mouth is one of the oldest advertisement there is without spending a penny.
I am sure there are still a lot of places that I haven't mentioned in here but for now, these are the things you can do to sell your property without a fee. We did sold ours through Craigslist just recently mainly the reason why I'm posting this article.